ForPilots.Com: Aviation related software and services Download your free copy of the award winning ForPilots LogBook program today!

Download ForPilots Logbook today! Forpilots Logbook is the award-winning computerized logbook solution. The software features a simple, easy to use user interface that looks just like a paper logbook, but adds advanced statistics and reporting capabilities. Download ForPilots logbook for free!

Subject:Re: Dual Purpose Aerobatic planes--conflicts
From:Eric Rood
Date:Fri May 17 14:10:45 2002

: I would suggest not just a checkout in another tailwheel airplane before a
: single seat Pitts but rather quite a bit of tailwheel time, all of it in
: general handling and in the pattern, before checking out in a two-seat Pitts
: first. I say this not because the Pitts is difficult to fly, or to land,
: because it isnt, but its not a good airplane to learn to fly tailwheels
: on. It lands fast and has poor forward vis, all of which are easily
: manageable, but youd be better off getting quite a few hours in a Cub or
: Taylorcraft or the like first. Everything happens much more slowly in those
: machines than a Pitts.

Yep, as the saying goes, "The airshow begins when the Pitts flairs to land!"
--
ER

  [BACK] Return to the ForPilots.com archive page